Every stage of life brings exciting challenges as well as problematic obstacles. At Stevenson, Waplak and Associates we offer you a confidential and safe environment to learn the necessary skills to manage.
Stevenson, Waplak and Associates began building its team of mental health professionals in 1997. Our clients are offered a dedicated staff with specialized experience and designation in Psychiatry, Psychology, Counselling, Psychometry and Social Work.
SWA works directly with individuals and families dealing with depression, various stress-related issues and day to day life management. School, educational challenges, and behavioural difficulties are our noted area of specialty.
Physicians and the medical community consistently refer clients to SWA due to their trusted reputation for expert care. Debilitating psychological disorders are managed by our staff doctors of psychology and psychiatry.
Legal, insurance and community organizations requiring psychometric testing, evaluation and treatment utilize the experience of the Stevenson, Waplak team.
Stevenson, Waplak & Associates believe in a multifactor therapeutic framework. This framework recognizes the, sometimes, complex interactions between biological, developmental, family, social, cultural, spiritual, and psychological factors in the formation and maintenance of mental health and personal problems.
Stevenson, Waplak & Associates’ services and support must consistently exceed expectations. In striving to consistently deliver the best service possible and to treat others as we would like to be treated, our professional and support staff will exert every effort to respect the following fundamental principals of our service and company mission.
Stevenson, Waplak & Associates consistently strives:
- To be an instrumental, effective and positive resource to our clients;
- To provide clients timely access to comprehensive assessment and counseling services;
- To provide clients with a multidisciplinary case management model of service delivery;
- To ensure clients receive services of the highest standard, delivered by qualified professionals and supported by evidence based practices;
- To add to the knowledge and expertise of our representative disciplines through our involvement in research.
- Stevenson, Waplak & Associates offers a safe environment that is conducive to learning, growing and understanding. The ongoing cooperative efforts of the team means individuals, families, employers, physicians and the legal professions receive effective and thorough assistance. Stevenson, Waplak & Associates continues to build strong community ties in Quinte as well as other parts of the Province.
In 1999, Mr. Jeffrey J. Waplak joined with Terry Stevenson to form Stevenson, Waplak & Associates. Stevenson, Waplak & Associates is a team of mental health professionals. Clients are offered a dedicated staff with specialized experience and designation in Psychiatry, Psychology, Counseling, Psychometry and Social Work. Stevenson, Waplak & Associates now provides services to more than 200 clients per year.
In 1999, Stevenson, Waplak & Associates’ expertise in residential treatment was partnered with the residential management skills of Mr. Michael Schmidt to form Quinte Children’s Homes. Quinte Children’s Homes fashioned their program so that both primary care and treatment were delivered through Parent Therapists. Now, Quinte Children’s Homes helps more than 80 Children and Youth per year through its network of 35 Parent Therapy Foster Homes.
In 2002, Quinte Children’s Homes and Stevenson, Waplak & Associates developed a specialized Day Treatment Program and a partnership was created with Applewood Academy for Progressive Learning, to provide educational and day treatment services to clients unable to attend community schools. Applewood Academy for Progressive Learning now helps 20 to 30 children per school year to continue learning, while offering a treatment plan that addresses their emotional and behavioural problems, and charts a path for their return to community school.