Cathy and Eric
Cathy and Eric met in early 2001 and dated for 3 years before getting married. In August of 2004, Cathy and Eric made the commitment to love, honor and cherish each other for the rest of their lives. As a wedding gift, Cathy and Eric received their “first child,” their adored an energetic white lab, Jersey. In January, 2006, Cathy and Eric had their first beautiful baby girl. On June 29, 2006, Cathy and Eric were very fortunate to have their foster son join their family.
- In 1999-2001, Cathy worked at the Three Oaks Foundation for battered women as a Relief Women’s Service Worker helping provide front-line crisis intervention to women and provided individual and group support for battered women.
- From 2000-2001, Cathy also worked as a Children’s Service Worker at Three Oaks Foundation providing support and counseling to children in crisis.
- From 2001-2002, Cathy then decided to pursue a different career opportunity as a Child and Youth Worker with Real Futures Ltd.
- In 2002, Cathy accepted a position at Quinte Children’s Homes as a Child and Youth Worker. Since then, Cathy has been providing conflict resolution to children from ages 4-16 that have behavioural and emotional needs.
- Cathy continues to work as a full time Child and Youth Worker for QCH and desires to continue building her skills and further develop her knowledge of working with children in need of care.
- CPR/First Aid training
- Suicide Intervention Certificate
- TCI Training Certificate
- 6 SafeGuards Training Certificates which include;
- Treating Anti-Social Behaviour
- How to Stay Positive When Working with Difficult Clients
- Developing and Maintaining Healthy Staff Teams
- Conducting Skills Group for Parents of Children with Disruptive Disorders
- Anger Control Training for Children and Adolescents
- Social Skills Training for Anti-Social Children and Adolescents.
- Though Eric’s educational background is not in the social services field, Eric has taken the time to volunteer and provide one to one support with a CAS child. Eric offered positive attention to this young boy by taking him to movies, playing road hockey with him and listening to him when he needed a friend.
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention
Description of Home
Together we live in Belleville, Ontario. Our home is a high ranch style, single family home with 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a fenced in backyard for the dog and children to play. Though the house is very warm and cozy, Eric and I have experienced the home getting a little tight for our growing family and in a couple of years would like to move into a bigger house in the country to better meet the family’s needs.
As a family, we enjoy going for nature walks, watching family movies, playing board games, creating crafts, cooking and baking yummy treats and most of all, we love getting together with our immediate family to participate in family festivities. Each family member has individual interests as well. Eric enjoys woodworking and playing hockey, I enjoy working out and going for coffee with my girlfriends, our foster son loves playing video games and making up imaginary games with his friends and our daughter loves to amuse herself with her toys and play peek a boo with her foster brother. Over the next few years we will continue to grow as a family and experience all that life brings us.